Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tasty Tuesday #2 | Beef, Tomatoes and Noodles

As I mentioned in my first Tasty Tuesday post. I love to cook. Always have. I got my first crock pot for Christmas in '09. I have to admit, I had only used it eh, once or twice because it was a 7qt and with just me and Kevin, we don't need that much food. I recently went and bought a 4qt and let me tell you, I have a new found love! My aunt and uncle got me a cookbook strictly full of crock pot recipes for Christmas this year! I couldn't tell you how excited I was =). And I am almost just as excited to be sharing this recipe with you. It was fantastic!

What you need:
1.5 lbs stewing beef, cubed
1/4 cup flour
2 cans stewed tomatoes {if you like tomato chunks, this is what I used- Del Monte with added flavoring}, or 2 cans crushed tomatoes {if you prefer a smoother gravy}
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 medium onion, chopped {optional}
water


1) Combine meat and flour until cubes are coated. Place in slow cooker.
2) Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and onion. Add water to cover.
3) Cover. Simmer on Low for 8 hours.
Serve over cooked noodles.


It was oh so yummy and juicy! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. mmmMMmmmMMMmmmMMM
    Like my caps and non caps Mmmm? Yah, because my voice was changing inflection as I was saying it hahaha!

    ReplyDelete