Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tasty Tuesday #1 | Chicken Alfredo Pizza

I have always enjoyed cooking so when I saw that Amy was doing Tasty Tuesday's on her blog, I wasn't hesitant to joining in! For my first Tasty Tuesday, I decided to share what I made for dinner tonight: Chicken Alfredo Pizza. I shared this recipe on my personal 365 blog in '09, but since it's a new year, a new blog and hopefully, new viewers, I decided I would share this again!

This is a family favorite. Tiny is our first family dog who we had to give away back in August because our second baby boy, Troy, was born allergic. He even enjoyed this pizza! The very first time I made it, I was so proud and excited that once it was done and our plates were prepared, I ran straight to eat and forgot to put the left overs away. FYI, Tiny was a Bernese Mountain Dog, weighed over 100 pounds and didn't even really have to jump up to get onto our counters. Well, if you haven't pictured it in your mind already, when I went back for seconds (because this pizza is finger lickin' good), both platters were completely GONE. Tiny had never jumped on our kitchen counters before for any other dinners I had made so I was very upset he decided to do it the one time I had actually cooked something this delicious! I turned around and who did I see? Tiny, licking his chops with a bit of Alfredo sauce on his nose.

As I started preparing this tonight, I thought of old Tiny and how much I missed him. Then, as I kept thinking about the time he ate all of the leftovers, I thought of the day we had to give him away. It was, and will probably always be one of the hardest days of my life. He was Dallas' best friend, my safety net and pretty much, another child to us! As Tiny's new owners packed him away in their car, I turned my head and started to cry. I couldn't watch him go so instead, I walked around our house, through the back door, upstairs into my kitchen where I was before that moment and started chopping up chicken... Guess what I was chopping chicken up for? Chicken Alfredo Pizza!

I hope you enjoy this pizza as much as good ol' Tiny did and I hope you enjoy cooking it as much as I do especially now, since I'll more than likely think of my Tiny dog as I do =).

What you need:
1 envelope Zesty Herb marinade
+ vinegar, vegetable oil and water for mixing
3-4 chicken breasts
1 package of Italian pizza crust (comes with two)
1 jar of Alfredo sauce (or home made, whichever you prefer)
Grated Parmesan Cheese
Italian Seasoning
Garlic Powder
1-2 packs shredded Pizza blend cheese
Green Pepper and/or other pizza toppings (if desired)


1) Mix your marinade in a bowl, add chicken and mixture to a baggy and refrigerate for at least an hour.
2) Bake chicken on 450* for 30-40 minutes.
3) Cut chicken into bite size pieces as you heat your Alfredo sauce on the stove.
4) Spread Alfredo sauce onto crust.
5) Sprinkle crust with Grated Parmesan Cheese, Italian Seasoning, Garlic Powder and shredded Pizza blend cheese.
6) Add chicken and other toppings.
7) Top with more shredded Pizza blend cheese and bake 10-15 minutes on 450*.
8) Cool, cut and serve.
ENJOY!


Even more proof that it's Tasty...


Head on over to Amy McMaster's blog and check out some more Tasty Tuesday entries!

2 comments:

  1. I love the story Michelle! I can imagine how sad that must have been to have to give Tiny away. Love the pictures and thanks sharing for the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww..what a wonderful story.

    It looks soooo delicious.

    ReplyDelete